iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Rumors: A 2013 Launch?
Image Credit: Wikicommons

iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Rumors: A 2013 Launch?

Apple allegedly has three new iPhone 5 successors in the works, and according to a new report, two of those iPhone models may release this year.

Citing an alleged source within Apple’s supply chain who posted a report to Chinese microblog Sina Weibo, Brightwire claims Apple will launch the iPhone 5S, as well as a 5-inch “iPhone 6,” in 2013.

“A source told Chinese mobile phone information site Laoyaoba.com that he has seen the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at Apple’s suppliers,” Brightwire translated. “Both models may be released in 2013, according to the website’s microblog on Thursday evening.”

The source said the iPhone 5S “resembles” the iPhone 5 — it may even have an identical form factor — but the 5-inch iPhone 6 is lighter and thinner.

It’s possible the devices seen by this unnamed source are the same ones shown in these alleged photos from Foxconn, which were posted to a Chinese forum and uploaded to Chinese gadget blog Gizchina on Saturday morning.

The leaked images show the alleged assembly line for the iPhone 5S, as well as close ups of the so-called iPhone 5 successor.

However, since these images are unconfirmed, it’s possible that what you’re seeing is actually just a production line for the iPhone 5, not the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6. Other pictures show the inside of the alleged iPhone 5S, showing off its chipsets and battery, and it looks extremely similar to the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5S is said to feature the same form factor of the iPhone 5, but with a few changes, particularly to the outside speaker grills; in these models, the grills look unchanged.

Dave Smith is a reporter for International Business Times, where this article first appeared.

Comments
Karolyn
April 11, 2014 at 13:59

Hi there Dear, are you really visiting this web page regularly, if so then you will definitely get fastidious experience.

MayMay
March 22, 2013 at 19:20

i am die hard apple, but i even chose the 4s over the 5, But if the next iphone is as dissapointing as the 5 then i believe the real innovation died with the Genius mr Jobs.. one thing though i will always stick to my apple computers but the mobile devices isnt looking so good…..is ther not like a Apple suggestion box we can help them out seriously!!!!

dimitris
March 13, 2013 at 20:44

you can send me an iphone 5 h 6 I'd like a lot but not outside the possibility of NATO agoraso thanks reply me soon if you

Debbie
February 13, 2013 at 14:17

All i'm missing from my iphone is an external keyboard

Darren
February 12, 2013 at 16:45

Its true what everyone touches upon here. The iphone 4s is iconic but Apple need to have another iphone 4s moment, again! The new iphone ranges need to be innovative, creative and give the consumer something fresh and new, I would say a completely new style of phone altogether because they cant rely on the groundbreaking 4s standard forever. I feel that they are lagging behind Samsung now and whether you like them or not you can not fault them for their drive in technology.

Alexandra
February 12, 2013 at 10:27

I very much agree with you Sarah!!(: ^^^
-Alexx

Sarah
February 12, 2013 at 10:26

Hola!! The iPhone 6 looks fat and weird from what I see but may I say the iPhone 4S is the best phone ever!! I have one too!! And apple is amazing!! I’m getting a MacBook Pro 13.6 inch and I hope I like it! I’m so glad apple was invented bc not only are your products good, but they have an amazing style!!(: can you make an iPhone 7 that looks and feels just like the iPhone 4S and the same size but make more features?? Please!!! iPhone 4S is a perfect style and size!! All you gotta do it put like X-ray vision or something(: bye!! -Sarah

Tim
February 12, 2013 at 06:28

I'm not sure if they'll lose iPhone users to Android.  The desparate nature of the OS on different executions within a variety of manufacturers isn't what a stereotypical iPhone user will go to.  I think people will just hold off on upgrading their iPhones until something truly innovative comes out.  A possible alternative is the BB10, but we'll have to see where that goes.

jayj the jet plane
February 12, 2013 at 06:11

yea brh i agree. their needs to be innovation above a "oh looky looky" level. NFC just aint doing it for me and i am waiting to see just what apple dose with the iPhone 5s. if they expect it to do as good as the other phones its gonna need more than better screen and the camera slightly improved. Im just about ready to jump off this ban wagon. Apples better days are in the dirt with Jobs, just rolling around in  it…

Frank
February 12, 2013 at 03:46

The OS is easy to use, but it's boring as hell now. They need to revamp the whole UI or else they will keep losing customers to Android and possibly to Windows Phone.

Anjali Jain
February 11, 2013 at 23:05

I think regardless of screen size the key thing is the os. If iOS 7 is innovative and easy to use then apple will keep users, if not, they will lose them to android.

Anjali from iPhone Apps Development Company