The Diplomat is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting Account Manager to join our new office in Washington D.C.
Working in a client-facing role with a small, professional team in a friendly environment, you will have a passion for digital media and the ability to jumpstart a new sales organization.
With an assistant, your primary responsibility will be to deploy your existing and new relationships to build revenue and raise the visibility of a leading foreign policy publication. You will be able to work across a range of products, from display to native, with a direct line to green-light new ideas. You will need to be energetic and ambitious, with the ability to thrive on autonomy.
Ideally, you will have strong relations with digital agencies and clients in the education, government, defense, tourism, and multinational sectors. You should have an interest in international relations and the Asia-Pacific. Knowledge of emerging ad technologies would be a plus.
- Respond professionally to all sales inquiries
- Prospect and pitch new business (client direct and digital agencies)
- Build strong relationships with clients
- Report to clients as required
- Develop strategies for revenue growth
- Work with team to fulfill client campaign requests
- Stay current on industry trends and changes
- 2-4 years digital advertising industry experience
- Strong understanding of banners, video, native, rich-media and custom advertising
- Demonstrated experience uncovering business needs and building relationships with clients
- Ability to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, presentation, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills
To apply for this position, please send your application to publisher (at) thediplomat.com.